Longmont is a great place to live and work. If you’re thinking about moving to Longmont Colorado, we’ve compiled some top facts that will help you get started on your research!
Top 10 Fun Facts About Longmont Colorado:
1) Longmont was named after the Classic 14er – Longs Peak. (14,259ft is the elevation of Longs Peak)
2) We have 300 days of sunshine per year on average.
3) We have 29 Ski & Snowboard Areas within a few hours of drive time.
4) We have a population of just over 99,570 residents.
5) Longmont is home to several different parks, including Roosevelt Park and YMCA park.
6) The Left Hand Brewing Company was voted Colorado’s best brewery in 2013 and 2014.
7) Oskar Blues Brewery was also voted one of the best craft breweries in America in 2013.
8) Longmont is located just minutes away from Boulder, making it the perfect place to live if you work in that city.
9) The Downtown district is full of historic buildings and great places to eat, shop, and enjoy a good beer.
10) The city has a strong community outreach and is very involved with local events.
Longmont is a booming city with plenty of amazing things to see and do. From the spectacular views, local restaurants, hidden gems like The Arts Center of Longmont or the Boulder County Fairgrounds; there’s always something new to explore in this Colorado gem! If you haven’t had an opportunity to visit yet, take some time today (or tomorrow) and head down for a day trip. We’re confident that you’ll find it’s worth your while.
Which one of these facts about Longmont is most intriguing?