Longmont has some great spots to get out the go fishing! Here are the top five fishing spots in Longmont:
Golden Ponds Nature Area – An 88-acre natural park with 4 ponds on a former mine with 2.6 miles of trails & abundant birdlife.
• Address: 2651 3rd Ave, Longmont, CO 80503
St. Vrain State Park – St. Vrain State Park, formerly known as Barbour Ponds, is a Colorado state park. The park hosts year-round camping.
• Address: 3785 Weld County Road 24, 5, Longmont, CO 80504
Izaak Walton Nature Area (Kids fishing pond) – Great spot for teaching kids how to start their fishing journey.
• Address: 18 Sunset St, Longmont, CO 80501
Button Rock Preserve – Trails within Button Rock Preserve offer scenic views and plenty of exercise for an afternoon outing. These trails also enable anglers to access many backcountry fishing locations.
• Address: Co Hwy 80, Lyons, CO 80540
McIntosh Lake – This lake offers a 3.5 mile loop. Perfect for fishing, running, walking, biking, and paddle boarding.
• Address: miles, 1905 Harvard St #3.5, Longmont, CO 80503
Pella Crossing Open Space – It’s a peaceful place to escape the busy pace of life.
• Address: 11600 N 75th St, Longmont, CO 80503
McCall Lake Nature Area – McCall Lake is a 35-acre reservoir offering great shoreline access for fishing.
• Address: N 66th St & Ute Hwy Longmont, CO 80501
Union Reservoir Nature Area – Recreation spot offering picnicking, fishing & a dog beach, plus a sailing club with weekly racing.
• Address: 461 Co Rd 26, Longmont, CO 80504